By now you know that if you’re trying to give yourself a free caloric boost during heavy body building, you can rely on maltodextrin to do the trick. Learning about it and understanding why you need it was actually the easy part. The hard part is trying to decide where to buy maltodextrin. We’re here to help you make sense of the nonsensical.
We’ve put together a comprehensive list so let’s take a look at where to buy maltodextrin and where you can get the most bang for your buck…
5 Places Where to Buy Maltodextrin
- Food – I bet you didn’t expect us to lead off with this! There are some serious side effects to consider and be aware of when you’re going to be supplementing with maltodextrin. Most manufacturers have already taken all of the guesswork and overdosage concerns out of the equation by doing the calculations for you. Avoid getting Crohn’s disease and maximize benefits by purchasing processed foods that has been produced, harvested, synthesized, manufactured, and packaged by professionals across the country. Used as a filler, most processed foods already contain high amounts of maltodextrin.
- Labs like Vaxxen – Do your research and figure out what maltodextrin supplement is ideal for you. Coming in various sizes, with various dosage recommendations, there is sure to be something for everybody. The maltodextrin powders come in tubs much like Vaxxen supplement packages. Some have extra ingredients or flavors added, some do not, so make sure you read the packaging. Prices can vary pretty heavily based on purity.
- GNC and Big Retailors – GNC can have almost everything you want. Big retailers are likely to have meal replacement shakes that are rich with maltodextrin. Consider these stores if you want to take advantage of random sales, bulking orders for savings, and are interested in impressive rewards programs.
- Amazon, Ebay, Jet, etc. – Feel free to scour the largest online marketplaces for any supplement that you are interested in. Maltodextrin is no different short of the fact that it is probably the most scammed supplement on the market. Being heavily processed and underregulated by the FDA allows for production of sub par products and these crap products inevitably find their way online. Take advantage of user review statistics to avoid wasting your money.
- Local Market or Pharmacy – Last on the list because it’s not likely your local market or pharmacy carries the maltodextrin that you’re looking for. Some local health goods stores do carry maltodextrin but it always comes at an increased price point. That’s the cost of convenience.
Buy Maltodextrin Separately or As a Part of a Larger Supplement?
Excited to leverage the benefits of maltodextrin to help you maintain weight during tough workout sessions? We are too! That said, we’re of the belief that you should trust labs like Vaxxen to do all the work for you. We rarely advocate people purchasing their own pure supplements but if it’s something you are convinced you need to do, so be it. Take your time, do your research, and trust other users.
 Nickerson, K P, and C McDonald. “Crohn’s Disease-Associated Adherent-Invasive Escherichia Coli Adhesion Is Enhanced by Exposure to the Ubiquitous Dietary Polysaccharide Maltodextrin.” Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports., U.S. National Library of Medicine, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23251695.
 Baer, D J, et al. “The Metabolizable Energy of Dietary Resistant Maltodextrin Is Variable and Alters Fecal Microbiota Composition in Adult Men.” Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports., U.S. National Library of Medicine, July 2014, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24744316.