The supplements you take when you first wake up in the morning can often be the most important of the day. They can help dictate how your day is going to go, how much energy you’re going to have, the intensity of your workouts, your ability to focus at school or work, and whether or not you’re sore or even irritable.
Almost all of the people who visit our site fall in to one of three categories. We’ve decided to break this article in to three different categories accordingly. Each will give you a couple of tips on what you should take when you wake up in the morning.
What to Take When You Wake Up to Bulk (Axxis!)
You’re somebody who wants to bulk up. Gaining muscle is your thing and you aren’t worried about cardio too much? No problem. Here are the supplements that you need to be sure to include with your morning cup of joe, prepared however you enjoy it most!
- Dextrose – Get yourself something loaded up with dextrose soon after you wake up in the morning. The spike in your insulin levels will lead to proteins and amino acids being injected into your muscle cells. (That will come in handy…)
- Beta-Alanine – If you want to improve the supplements you’re going to be taking throughout the rest of the day, especially pre and post workout supplements, you better get some Beta-Alanine in your system. Feel the tingle!
What to Take When You Wake Up to Gain Lean Muscle Mass (Androxx!)
Looking for that awesome, shredded sculpture physique? You’re going to need both cardio exercise and to hit the weights. Here are the supplements that you need to be sure you include with your morning cup of joe, which should not have too much cream or sugar.
- Creatine – Creatine will be in your diet all day, every day. You need to get the most out of the proteins that you consume and the extra energy is going to go a long way for the intense cardio and fat burning exercises you will partake in.
- BCAAs – Think of BCAA supplementation as steroids for protein synthesis[i]. The sooner your body is synthesizing proteins, the sooner your muscles see the benefits. We actually suggest doing some pushups to get the blood flowing in between sips of your coffee and right after BCAA supplementation. Don’t be afraid to use BCAAs a few times a day, including right after your workout.
What to Take When You Wake Up to Lose Visceral Fat (Cinerate!)
So you’re trying to lose a few extra pounds. Good for you! The coffee you are drinking already has the first supplement that you need to keep in your system; Caffeine! Make sure your coffee is black, if you can handle the taste. (Almost no calories and coffee is a natural hunger suppressant)
- Octopamine – Time to get those fat cells ready to be worked away. Octopamine makes your fat cells release their contents through lipolysis.
- Mucuna Pruriens – One of those things we’ve talked about a bunch of times before, mucuna pruriens will help regulate your sugar levels[ii] while improving your mood by increasing your natural dopamine levels! -Definitely needed when comfort food is out of the question. Get your head right first thing in the morning.
[i] Wolf, Robert R. “Branched-Chain Amino Acids and Muscle Protein Synthesis in Humans: Myth or Reality?”US National Library of Medicine, International Society of Sports Nutrition, 22 Aug. 2017, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5568273/.
[ii] Majekodunmi, S O, et al. “Evaluation of the Anti-Diabetic Properties of Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract.” Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Aug. 2011, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21914541.