In this world of health and fitness, it can be difficult to understand what you should and should not be doing to achieve your personal goals. It can be a little confusing and daunting when you start to look at the list of supplements out on the market. You may find yourself screaming “What supplements should I take?!” Thankfully, Vaxxen is here to help guide you on your path to physical success and fitness dominance!
Some articles will tell you that you should drink plenty of water, others will suggest you may be drinking too much water. Blogs will say there is nothing better than a small snack before bed to jump start the metabolism, while others will portray snacking before bed as one of the major no-no’s. Some of the published works out there convey a certain set of supplements would be a perfect stack or macro while another very reputable source list a completely different set of supplements!
What is Your Goal for Taking Supplements?
Only you know what you want to achieve. Do you want to bulk up and add on some serious muscle mass? Are you trying to lose some of that super stubborn belly fat that’s giving you an unsightly waistline? Perhaps you’re trying to slim down but maintain a decent bit of lean muscle so that you can compete in a marathon or 10k. The first step in deciding what supplements you should take is understanding what your end goal is. The supplements you take will be different based on your goal, current body type, and possible medical conditions so before reading any further, take a second and really think about yourself and what you expect to achieve .
What Supplements Should I Take if I Want to Bulk Up!
Okay, so you want to hit the weights and add some beef-cake muscle mass. In a nutshell, you’re going to be looking for three essential supplements that we’ve covered extensively in the past.
- Beta-Alanine – A few grams of this amino acid goes a long way. It will help you build up serious muscle mass during your workouts .
- Creatine – 3 to 5 grams daily in your pre-workout shake will promote cellular energy production and stamina enhancement.
- Protein – An essential for anybody who is serious about muscle gain. Protein should be included in the daily meals you eat and you should be downing a protein shake after your workouts. High levels of protein will ensure that you’re going to be able to hit the weights again soon.
I Want to Burn Fat!
So, Tubby… You’re looking to shed a few pounds? Have no fear, the supplementation kings at Vaxxen are here!
- Synephrine – One of the most effective appetite suppressors out there . Part of losing weight is not eating as much, unfortunately.
- Cinerate – perfect for somebody looking to just… do more. Cinerate will raise your endurance and energy levels.
- Protein – Yep, protein is also used when you’re looking to lose weight. Protein leaves you feeling fuller for longer and is a perfect replacement for carbohydrates in your diet.
I Want to Race!
Lean muscle requires a different set of supplements than bulking mass muscle. Runners, cyclists, joggers, and swimmers tend to look to build muscle while ensuring no fat gain. We’ve got an entire page of pre-calculated stacks for lean mass to take the guesswork out of what supplements you should take.
- Farin Kamangar1,2 and Ashkan Emadi3
Vitamin and Mineral Supplements: Do We Really Need Them?
Int J Prev Med. 2012 Mar; 3(3): 221–226.
- Eric T. Trexler,# Abbie E. Smith-Ryan,corresponding author# Jeffrey R. Stout, Jay R. Hoffman, Colin D. Wilborn, Craig Sale, Richard B. Kreider, Ralf Jäger, Conrad P. Earnest, Laurent Bannock, Bill Campbell, Douglas Kalman, Tim N. Ziegenfuss, and Jose Antonio
International society of sports nutrition position stand: Beta-Alanine
J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015; 12: 30.
Published online 2015 Jul 15. doi: 10.1186/s12970-015-0090-y
- Sidney J. Stohs, 1 ,* Harry G. Preuss, 2 and Mohd Shara 3
A Review of the Receptor-Binding Properties of p-Synephrine as Related to Its Pharmacological Effects
Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2011; 2011: 482973.
Published online 2011 Aug 1. doi: 10.1155/2011/482973