Since we started this blog, we’ve briefly mentioned the ingredient octopamine; Usually when we’re talking about our Cinerate line. In true Vaxxen fashion, we want to shed some light on our inner workings and take a moment to explain why we use octopamine in our products, what it does the moment you ingest it, how it works with the other ingredients in Cinerate, and what you are getting out of the combo platter. Since Cinerate is such a popular product for individuals trying to maximize weight loss AND for those who are trying to get the most out of their pre workout supplementation, it’s probably a good idea to discuss the main ingredients.
Why We Use Octopamine
Perhaps in the future we will write up a post on the side effects of too much octopamine. Today, we’ve taken the liberty to make up this comprehensive list of benefits for you to review:
- Improves endurance. Octopamine, especially when combined with other mood and body enhancing stimulants, has been found to increase the length of time individuals can exercise without succumbing to fatigue .
- Increases metabolism. Octopamine has been found to increase the metabolic rate in the body, allowing for enhanced fat burn and improved food digestion. By promoting healthy nutrient synthesis, the digestive system is able to really thrive, leading to a clean system and faster metabolism .
Note: Some studies suggest that elevated levels of octopamine can promote healthy sleep patterns as well as enhance moods and limit mood swings but evidence hasn’t been overwhelmingly conclusive so we don’t want to lift it as a guaranteed benefit just yet.
When Combining Octopamine…
- …with tyramine, you will have compounded success on the effects of preferential chemical synapses and muscle contractility .
- …with synephrine, you will not only be able to speed your metabolism, resulting in fat burn, but you’ll be promoting muscle gains. Make sure you keep plenty of protein in your diet and there will be few stacks more effective to promote muscle gain and fat burn simultaneously .
- …with hordenine and/or caffeine, you will really increase the amount of fat burn you can accomplish . By keeping intensely focused and motivated while simultaneously increasing your endurance levels, you will be able to reach levels of caloric deficits that you’ve never dreamed up, allowing the stubborn fat deposits to literally melt away.
Alternative to Cinerate
Admittedly, Cinerate isn’t for everybody. There are two main types of fitness people: cardio lovers/fat burners and weight lifters/body builders. Purposefully manufactured with both groups in mind, Cinerate can provide the stack both groups can use to help reach their goals. That said, if you wish to focus more specifically on burning off fat or on bulking up, you may want to make your own supplement cocktail. Octopamine supplements are available in different doses on the market, so try to find what would be best to suit you!
- Alyson Sujkowski,1 Divya Ramesh,2 Axel Brockmann,2 and Robert Wessells1
Octopamine drives endurance exercise adaptations in Drosophila
Cell Rep. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2017 Nov 17.
Published in final edited form as:
Cell Rep. 2017 Nov 14; 21(7): 1809–1823.
- Andrea Luiza de Oliveira,† Mariana Nascimento de Paula, Jurandir Fernando Comar, Vanessa Rodrigues Vilela, Rosane Marina Peralta,† and Adelar Bracht†*
Adrenergic Metabolic and Hemodynamic Effects of Octopamine in the Liver
Int J Mol Sci. 2013 Nov; 14(11): 21858–21872.
Published online 2013 Nov 5. doi: 10.3390/ijms141121858
- Franzini L1, Ardigò D, Zavaroni I.
Dietary antioxidants and glucose metabolism.
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Jul;11(4):471-6. doi: 10.1097/MCO.0b013e328303be79.
- Ormerod KG1, Hadden JK, Deady LD, Mercier AJ, Krans JL.
Action of octopamine and tyramine on muscles of Drosophila melanogaster larvae.
J Neurophysiol. 2013 Oct;110(8):1984-96. doi: 10.1152/jn.00431.2013. Epub 2013 Jul 31.
- Sidney J. Stohs, 1 ,* Harry G. Preuss, 2 and Mohd Shara 3
A Review of the Receptor-Binding Properties of p-Synephrine as Related to Its Pharmacological Effects
Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2011; 2011: 482973.
Published online 2011 Aug 1. doi: 10.1155/2011/482973
- Hector L Lopez,corresponding author1 Tim N Ziegenfuss,1 Jennifer E Hofheins,1 Scott M Habowski,1 Shawn M Arent,2 Joseph P Weir,3 and Arny A Ferrando4
Eight weeks of supplementation with a multi-ingredient weight loss product enhances body composition, reduces hip and waist girth, and increases energy levels in overweight men and women
J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013; 10: 22.
Published online 2013 Apr 19. doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-10-22